Re: Delete Enhancement Request

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Delete Enhancement Request
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 8:18 AM Campbell, Lance <lance@illinois.edu> wrote:
> Use Case:
> When deleting a large number of records with constraints and triggers PostgreSQL is exceptionally slow.

You may wish to provide an explicit situation that you are
experiencing so that others may offer their experienced insights as to
whether you could be doing anything different to increase the speed of
your deletes or techniques to batch them yourself.

I fail to comprehend how "ability to abort deleting mid-stream and not
lose any progress" is a solution to "deleting...is exceptionally slow"
- its more likely your proposed feature would increase the total time
spent performing the full delete.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Delete Enhancement Request
Сообщение: Re: Delete Enhancement Request