Re: Correct handling of blank/commented lines in PSQL interactive-mode history

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Correct handling of blank/commented lines in PSQL interactive-mode history
Дата
Re: Correct handling of blank/commented lines in PSQL interactive-mode history  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 7:13 AM Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com> wrote:
I've attached a patch that corrects the behaviour.
For the type of lines mentioned, the patch makes the history behave
more like Bash history.

I have my doubts that you've really fixed anything here since Bash is a line-oriented shell while psql is a statement-oriented one.  This is a feature.

What you are observing is, I think, a side-effect of that fact that comments cannot terminate statements.  That seems reasonable.  In short, your BEFORE results make sense and don't require fixing.

David J.