Re: jsonpath: Missing Binary Execution Path?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: jsonpath: Missing Binary Execution Path?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday, June 13, 2024, Chapman Flack <jcflack@acm.org> wrote:
On 06/13/24 21:46, David G. Johnston wrote:
>>> david=# select jsonb_path_query('1', '$ >= 1');
>>
>> Good point. I can't either. No way I can see to parse that as
>> a <JSON path wff>.
>
> Whether we note it as non-standard or not is an open question then, but it
> does work and opens up a documentation question.

Does the fact that it does work raise any potential concern that our
grammar is nonconformant in some way that could present a headache
somewhere else, or down the road with a later standard edition?

This isn’t new in v17 nor, to my knowledge, has the behavior changed, so I think we just need to live with whatever, likely minimal, chance of headache there is.

I don’t get why the outcome of a boolean producing operation isn’t just generally allowed to be produced, and would hope the standard would move toward allowing that across the board, and in doing so end up matching what we already have implemented.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: jsonpath: Missing Binary Execution Path?
Сообщение: Re: jsonpath: Missing Binary Execution Path?