Re: jsonpath: Missing Binary Execution Path?

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: jsonpath: Missing Binary Execution Path?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jun 13, 2024, at 21:58, Chapman Flack <jcflack@acm.org> wrote:

>>> Good point. I can't either. No way I can see to parse that as
>>> a <JSON path wff>.
>>
>> Whether we note it as non-standard or not is an open question then, but it
>> does work and opens up a documentation question.
>
> Does the fact that it does work raise any potential concern that our
> grammar is nonconformant in some way that could present a headache
> somewhere else, or down the road with a later standard edition?

I believe this case is already covered in the docs as a Postgres-specific feature: predicate path expressions.

But even inside filters I don’t understand why &&, ||, at least, currently only work if their operands are predicate
expressions.Seems weird; and your notes above suggest that rule applies only to !, which makes slightly more sense.

Сообщение: Re: jsonpath: Missing Binary Execution Path?
Сообщение: Re: jsonpath: Missing Binary Execution Path?