Re: Add --{no-,}bypassrls flags to createuser

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Add --{no-,}bypassrls flags to createuser
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 6:35 PM Shinya Kato <Shinya11.Kato@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
> Too bad there's no --comment parameter to do COMMENT ON ROLE name IS
> 'Comment';
>
> As you already make such changes in createuser, I would like to ask
> for an additional --comment parameter
> that will allow sysadmins to set a comment with additional information
> about the new DB user.
> psql is scary for some. :-)

Since the createuser command is a wrapper for the CREATE ROLE command, I
do not think it is appropriate to add options that the CREATE ROLE
command does not have.

I think that this feature is at least worth considering - but absent an existing command that does this I would agree that doing so constitutes a separate feature.

As an aside, I'd rather overcome this particular objection by having the CREATE object command all accept an optional "COMMENT IS" clause.

David J.