Re: Reports on obsolete Postgres versions

От Greg Sabino Mullane
Тема Re: Reports on obsolete Postgres versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 4, 2024 at 2:23 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
-end-of-life (EOL) and no longer supported.
+after its initial release. After this, a final minor version will be released
+and the software will then be unsupported (end-of-life).

Would be a shame to lose the EOL acronym.

+Such upgrades might require manual changes to complete so always read
+the release notes first.

Proposal:
"Such upgrades might require additional steps, so always read the release notes first."

I went with frequently-encountered and low risk bugs".

But neither of those classifications are really true. Especially the "low risk" part - I could see various ways a reader could wrongly interpret that.

Cheers,
Greg