Re: Python + listen/notify

От Josh Kupershmidt
Тема Re: Python + listen/notify
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[Please keep the list CC'd]

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Filipe brandão <fg.brandao@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, i only need to link these processes (trigger completion and running the
> script).
> How can i do it with Listen / Notify? Issue a notify in the end of the
> trigger and a listen on the python script?

Yes, that should work fine. See the doc pages for LISTEN and NOTIFY:
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-listen.html
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-notify.html

Along with the link I sent earlier to the psycopg2 section, assuming
you are in fact using psycopg2 as your database connector. I suggest
trying out the psycopg2 example in their docs verbatim first, then
adapting the example to your own code.