Re: [BUGS] BUG #7873: pg_restore --clean tries to drop tables that don't exist

От Josh Kupershmidt
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #7873: pg_restore --clean tries to drop tables that don't exist
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 7:47 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> remastered patch
>
> still there is a issue with dependencies

Several of the issues from my last review [1] seem to still be present
in this patch, such as review notes #1 and #4.

And as discussed previously, I think that the --clean option belongs
solely with pg_restore for custom-format dumps. The way the patch
handles this is rather confusing, forcing the user to do:
 $  pg_dump -Fc --clean --if-exists --file=backup.dump ...
and then: $  pg_restore --clean ... backup.dump (without --if-exists)

to get the desired behavior.

Josh

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAK3UJRG__4=+f46XaMiqA80f_-BQhJcpFwyp8g8fpSPqj-JSzA@mail.gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree
Сообщение: Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree