Re: error when upgrading 9.4 to 9.5 manually

От arnaud gaboury
Тема Re: error when upgrading 9.4 to 9.5 manually
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> arnaud gaboury <arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com> writes:
>> My box upgraded postgresql from 9.4.8 to 9.5.3 when doing a full
>> version upgrade (Fedora 23 --> 24).
>
> So I assume you're using the Fedora-supplied RPMs, not the PGDG ones?
>
> (I'm not real sure, but I think the upgrade process would not have
> chosen to replace non-Fedora RPMs.  If it did, that might be part of
> your problem; I believe the Fedora packaging is still a bit different
> directory-layout-wise from PGDG.  You'd be better off sticking with the
> same PG package source.)
>
>> Now I think I shall run this command with postgres off:
>> $ pg_upgrade -b /usr/lib64/pgsql/postgresql-9.4/bin -B /usr/bin -d
>> /db/pgsql/data.old -D /db/pgsql/data
>
> Why are you not using "postgresql-setup upgrade", as documented in
> /usr/share/doc/postgresql-NNN/README.rpm-dist ?

Ok. With the data from my 9-4, i.e /db/pgsql/data, and with
postgresql.service stopped.
 # postgresql-setup --upgrade
 * Upgrading database.
ERROR: pg_upgrade tool failed
ERROR: Upgrade failed.
 * See /var/lib/pgsql/upgrade_postgresql.log for details.

# cat /var/lib/pgsql/upgrade_postgresql.log

*failure*
Consult the last few lines of "pg_upgrade_server.log" for
the probable cause of the failure.

connection to database failed: could not connect to server: No such
file or directory
    connections on Unix domain socket "/home/postgres/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

could not connect to old postmaster started with the command:
"/usr/lib64/pgsql/postgresql-9.4/bin/pg_ctl" -w -l
"pg_upgrade_server.log" -D "/db/pgsql/data-old" -o "-p 5432 -b  -c
listen_addresses='' -c unix_socket_permissions=0700 -c
unix_socket_directories='/home/postgres'" start

As you can see, postgres can't find the socket

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx

Сообщение: Re: error when upgrading 9.4 to 9.5 manually
Сообщение: Re: error when upgrading 9.4 to 9.5 manually