Re: error when upgrading 9.4 to 9.5 manually

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: error when upgrading 9.4 to 9.5 manually
Дата
Список pgsql-general
arnaud gaboury <arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com> writes:
> My box upgraded postgresql from 9.4.8 to 9.5.3 when doing a full
> version upgrade (Fedora 23 --> 24).

So I assume you're using the Fedora-supplied RPMs, not the PGDG ones?

(I'm not real sure, but I think the upgrade process would not have
chosen to replace non-Fedora RPMs.  If it did, that might be part of
your problem; I believe the Fedora packaging is still a bit different
directory-layout-wise from PGDG.  You'd be better off sticking with the
same PG package source.)

> Now I think I shall run this command with postgres off:
> $ pg_upgrade -b /usr/lib64/pgsql/postgresql-9.4/bin -B /usr/bin -d
> /db/pgsql/data.old -D /db/pgsql/data

Why are you not using "postgresql-setup upgrade", as documented in
/usr/share/doc/postgresql-NNN/README.rpm-dist ?