Re: Broken after upgrade

От arnaud gaboury
Тема Re: Broken after upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 1:00 AM, José María Terry Jiménez
<jtj@tssystems.net> wrote:
> El 7/7/16 a las 0:14, Devrim Gündüz escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Fedora packages have an executable (not sure about its name, but check a
>> package called postgresql-upgrade or so). That will help you to finish the
>> upgrade process.
>>
>> Regards, Devrim
>>
> Hello
>
> Yes, the package is called postgresql-upgrade, and you can read detailed
> instructions in /usr/share/doc/postgresql
>
> In Fedora 22 (the machine i can check now) the document is called
> README.rpm-dist in that directory
>
> Hope helps you

I effectively found the postgresql-update tool. But when running it, I
get an error:

# postgresql-setup --upgrade

 * Upgrading database.
ERROR: pg_upgrade tool failed
ERROR: Upgrade failed.
 * See /var/lib/pgsql/upgrade_postgresql.log for details.

#  cat /var/lib/pgsql/upgrade_postgresql.log
connection to database failed: could not connect to server: No such
file or directory
    connections on Unix domain socket "/home/postgres/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

could not connect to old postmaster started with the command:
"/usr/lib64/pgsql/postgresql-9.4/bin/pg_ctl" -w -l
"pg_upgrade_server.log" -D "/db/pgsql/data-old" -o "-p 5432 -b  -c
listen_addresses='' -c unix_socket_permissions=0700 -c
unix_socket_directories='/home/postgres'" start
Failure, exiting

My data dir is in fact /db/pgsql/data. I do not know why it is looking
for data-old.
I will investigate this way.