Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays

От Mark Rofail
Тема Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 1:52 AM, Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:
I looked some at your anyarray @>> anyelement code and sadly it does not look like the index code could work. The issue I see is that ginqueryarrayextract() needs to make a copy of the search key but to do so it needs to know the type of anyelement (to know if it needs to detoast, etc). But there is as far as I can tell no way to check the type of anyelement in this context.

since its a polymorphic function it only passes if the `anyarray` is the same type of the `anyelement` so we are sure they are the same type. Can't we get the type from the anyarray ? the type is already stored in ` arr_type`.

Best Regards,
Mark Rofail