Re: permission denied for schema topology

От Rémi Cura
Тема Re: permission denied for schema topology
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yep,
this means you are using postgis.
I don't know if you use postgis topology.
If you have a schema topology containing a topology table, then you also have postgis_topology installed.

You can check this with this query : "SELECT postgis_full_version();"

Maybe the extensions have been created with another user id than your's, hence the trouble.
Another trouble could come from the fact that postgis and postgis_topology  may have been installed without using postgres CREAtE EXTENSION (old version of postgis).

Cheers,
Rémi-C

Thanks Rémi-C for the quick reply. By coincidence my site does involve
mapping, however I wasn't aware that the server might be using postgis
and postgis_topology. In psql when I type "\d" i get the following:

public  | comentarios       | tabela | myusername
 public  | featuredata       | tabela | myusername
 public  | geography_columns | visão  | myusername
 public  | geometry_columns  | visão  | myusername
 public  | raster_columns    | visão  | myusername
 public  | raster_overviews  | visão  | myusername
 public  | rss               | tabela | myusername
 public  | spatial_ref_sys   | tabela | myusername

geography_columns, geometry_columns, raster_columns, raster_overviews
and spatial_ref_sys are all recent changes to my database (I didn't
create them and I wasn't aware of their existence until the switch to
the new server). Do these and the errors I'm receiving indicate the use
of postgis and postgis_topology by the server?

Just googled for doing a dump of a postgis database and encountered this
command:

pg_dump --no-acl --no-owner $DATABASE > dump.sql

I tried it, but it results in the same error messages

Cheers,