Re: New function pg_stat_statements_reset_query() to reset statisticsof a specific query

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: New function pg_stat_statements_reset_query() to reset statisticsof a specific query
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 6:14 PM Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> wrote:
Hello
Thank you for update

Thanks for the review.

It may be better to use NULL as the default value at sql level.

Changed.

> ereport(LOG, (errmsg("userid %u, dbid %u, queryid %ld does not exist", userid, dbid, queryid)));
I think LOG level is not useful here. In common case this is server log only. How about WARNING? Or just ignore. Want remove row? Here is no such row anymore, all fine.

I went with removing of ereport.

Also we can return num_remove instead of void. I think this is even better. But this break backward compatibility and we need something like pg_stat_statements_reset_1_6

Changed. Returning removed rows is nice than just void.

> By default, this function can only be executed by superusers.
Can you also update this phrase in pg_stat_statements_reset documentation? Beginning from 1.5 version this is not true, reset can be used by any user with pg_read_all_stats role.

Doc is updated and also separate thread is started for the doc fix [1].
Updated patch attached.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia
Вложения

От: Haribabu Kommi
Сообщение: pg_stat_statements_reset() function execute permissions doc update
От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tablesare not supported