View to get all the extension control file details

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема View to get all the extension control file details
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Hackers,

Currently PostgreSQL provides following views to get the extension specific details

pg_available_extensions - Name, default_version, installed_version, comment

pg_available_extension_versions - Name, version, installed, superuser, relocatable, schema, requires, comment

But these misses the "directory", "module_pathname" and "encoding" extension specific informations and these are not available even with extension specific functions also. There are some extension that differs in extension name to library name. The pgpool_recovery extension library name is pgpool-recovery.so, '_' to '-'. While we are developing some tool on top of PostgreSQL, we found out this problem and it can be solved easily if the server expose the details that i have and got it from the extension control file.

Any opinion in adding a new view like "pg_available_extension_details" to display all extension control file columns? or Adding them to the existing view is good?

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia