Re: [HACKERS] macaddr 64 bit (EUI-64) datatype support

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: [HACKERS] macaddr 64 bit (EUI-64) datatype support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> writes:
> Currently the casting is supported from macaddr to macaddr8, but not the
> other way. This is because, not all 8 byte MAC addresses can be converted
> into 6 byte addresses.

Well, yeah, so you'd throw an error if it can't be converted.  This is
no different from casting int8 to int4, for example.  We don't refuse
to provide that cast just because it will fail for some values.

Updated patch attached with added cast function from macaddr8 to
macaddr.

Currently there are no support for cross operators. Is this required
to be this patch only or can be handled later if required?

Updated patch attached to address the duplicate OID problem.
There are no other functional changes to the previous patch.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia
Вложения