Re: [HACKERS] Parallel bitmap heap scan

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Parallel bitmap heap scan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 12:48 AM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 6:24 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think it's acceptable (or necessary) to move the DSA
> definitions into postgres.h.  Why do you think you need to do that,
> vs. just including dsa.h in a few more places?

I need to access dsa_pointer in tidbitmap.h, which is included from
FRONTEND as well. Now, problem is that dsa.h is including #include
"port/atomics.h", but atomic.h can not be included if FRONTEND is
defined.

#ifndef ATOMICS_H
#define ATOMICS_H
#ifdef FRONTEND
#error "atomics.h may not be included from frontend code"
#endif

Is there any other solution to this ?

How about creating another header file with the parallel changes
and include it only in necessary places?

Following are my observations, while going through the patch.

+#if SIZEOF_DSA_POINTER == 4
+typedef uint32 dsa_pointer;
+#else
+typedef uint64 dsa_pointer;
+#endif

I feel the declaration of the above typdef can be moved into the
section above if we going with the current move into postgres.h
file.

+/*
+ * tbm_alloc_shared
+ *
+ * Callback function for allocating the memory for hashtable elements.
+ * It allocates memory from DSA if tbm holds a reference to a dsa.
+ */
+static inline void *
+pagetable_allocate(pagetable_hash *pagetable, Size size)

Function name and comments mismatch?

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia