Re: create index on a field of udt

От Shujie Shang
Тема Re: create index on a field of udt
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I find a way to create index, I create a function returns the 'id' field of udt info, then I create index based on this function.
e.g

create type info as (id int, name text);

creat table test (id int, i info);

create or replace function getID(i info) returns int as
$$ select $1.id $$
language sql;

create index infoindex on test (getID(i));

I want to use this index, but after I insert lots of data to the table 'test' and run 'select * from test where i.id=5', it still use 'seqscan', not 'index scan'. How can I verify the index is build correctly?

e.g.
insert into test values (generate_series(1, 3000000), (1, 'hi')::info);
explain select * from test where i.id=1;
the result is : seqscan