Re: Same query, same data different plan

От Imre Samu
Тема Re: Same query, same data different plan
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Ran analyze on both. Running the same query I'm getting different plans, one x10 slower.

theory:

the "statistics target" is too low ?
THEN
different random sample  --> different statistics ---> different plan,.

"For large tables, ANALYZE takes a random sample of the table contents, rather than examining every row. "

IMHO:  Try to increase the statistics target   ( "default_statistics_target" , .. )

regards,
  Imre