Re: dropping all databases and starting afresh

От Matheus de Oliveira
Тема Re: dropping all databases and starting afresh
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Zoltan Szecsei <zoltans@geograph.co.za> wrote:
In the end I just rm -rf'd the files, as suggested by others on this list. I was initially concerned about that simple approach, as I figured that many postgres conf files will still point to that deleted area - but as postgres will not run again until I do an initdb -D command, it (should) goes to follow that those conf files will then be correctly updated.

Yeah, I understand your concern, and I do agree. On installation from packages on Debian/Ubuntu-like, you should keep with the cluster management tools provided, like pg_createcluster instead of initdb, pg_ctlcluster instead of pg_ctl, pg_dropcluster instead of rm, and so on.

Regards,
--
Matheus de Oliveira
Analista de Banco de Dados

Сообщение: Re: dropping all databases and starting afresh
Сообщение: Re: dropping all databases and starting afresh