Re: Added schema level support for publication.

От Greg Nancarrow
Тема Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 5:07 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't followed the discussion on pg_publication_objects view but
> what is the primary use case of this view? If it's to list all tables
> published in a publication (e.g, "select * from pg_publication_objects
> where pubname = 'pub1'), pg_publication_objects view lacks the
> information of FOR ALL TABLES publications. And probably we can use
> pg_publication_tables instead. On the other hand, if it's to list all
> tables published in FOR ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA publications (e.g.,
> "select * from pg_publication_object where objtype = 'schema'), the
> view doesn't show tables published in such publications.

I think that Amit originally suggested to have a view that provides
information about the objects in each publication (like table, tables
in schema, sequence ...).
So it currently is at the granularity level of the objects that are
actually added to the publication (TABLE t, ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA s)
I agree that the view is currently missing ALL TABLES publication
information, but I think it could be easily added.
Also, currently for the "objtype" column, the type "schema" does not
seem specific enough; maybe that should be instead named
"all-tables-in-schema" or similar.

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia