Re: On login trigger: take three

От Greg Nancarrow
Тема Re: On login trigger: take three
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 8:11 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > If there are no objections, I plan to reinstate the previous v19 patch
> > (as v21), perhaps with a few minor improvements and cleanups (e.g. SQL
> > capitalization) in the tests, as hinted at in the v20 patch, but no
> > new functionality.
>
> No objections from me. Small nitpicks from the v19 patch:
>
> +        This flag is used internally by Postgres and should not be manually changed by DBA or application.
> This should be <productname>PostgreSQL</productname>.
>
> +        * There can be a race condition: a login event trigger may have
> ..
> +       /* Fire any defined login triggers, if appropriate */
> The patch say "login trigger" in most places, and "login event trigger" in a
> few places.  We should settle for a single nomenclature, and I think "login
> event trigger" is the best option.

I've attached an updated patch, that essentially reinstates the v19
patch, but with a few improvements such as:
- Updates to address nitpicks (Daniel Gustafsson)
- dathaslogintriggers -> dathasloginevttriggers flag rename (too
long?) and remove its restoration in pg_dump output, since it's not
needed (as in v20 patch)
- Some tidying of the updates to the event_trigger tests and
capitalization of the test SQL

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia