Re: On login trigger: take three

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: On login trigger: take three
Дата
Re: On login trigger: take three  (Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 10 Nov 2021, at 08:12, Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 3:03 PM Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>> The arguments given are pretty convincing IMHO, and I agree that the additions made in the v20 patch are not a good
idea,and are not needed.

> If there are no objections, I plan to reinstate the previous v19 patch
> (as v21), perhaps with a few minor improvements and cleanups (e.g. SQL
> capitalization) in the tests, as hinted at in the v20 patch, but no
> new functionality.

No objections from me. Small nitpicks from the v19 patch:

+        This flag is used internally by Postgres and should not be manually changed by DBA or application.
This should be <productname>PostgreSQL</productname>.

+     * There can be a race condition: a login event trigger may have
..
+    /* Fire any defined login triggers, if appropriate */
The patch say "login trigger" in most places, and "login event trigger" in a
few places.  We should settle for a single nomenclature, and I think "login
event trigger" is the best option.