Re: sepgsql: label regression test failed

От Sergey Muraviov
Тема Re: sepgsql: label regression test failed
Дата
Re: sepgsql: label regression test failed
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi.

Some regression tests for sepgsql still not work on Fedora 20:

============== running regression test queries        ==============
test label                    ... FAILED
test dml                      ... ok
test ddl                      ... FAILED
test alter                    ... FAILED
test misc                     ... ok

======================
 3 of 5 tests failed.
======================

$ sestatus
SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /sys/fs/selinux
SELinux root directory:         /etc/selinux
Loaded policy name:             targeted
Current mode:                   enforcing
Mode from config file:          enforcing
Policy MLS status:              enabled
Policy deny_unknown status:     allowed
Max kernel policy version:      29

$ uname -i -o -r
3.14.3-200.fc20.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres --version
postgres (PostgreSQL) 9.4beta1

PS
I've got this compiler warning:
 relation.c: In function ‘sepgsql_relation_drop’:
relation.c:472:25: warning: ‘tclass’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  sepgsql_avc_check_perms(&object,
                         ^

Hello,

It seems to me changes in the base security policy on Fedora affected to
the regression test. Our test cases for sepgsql_setcon() utilizes the MCS
rules, that prevents domain transition from narrow categories to wider ones,
to control the success cases and failure cases.

However, its coverage was changed. It was applied all the domains in the
system, thus "unconfined_t" domain had been enforced by MCS rules.
But now, it shall be applied only domains with "mcs_constrained_type"
attribute.

[kaigai@vmlinux tmp]$ diff -up old/policy/mcs new/policy/mcs
      :
 <snip>
      :
 mlsconstrain process { transition dyntransition }
-       (( h1 dom h2 ) or ( t1 == mcssetcats ));
+       (( h1 dom h2 ) or ( t1 != mcs_constrained_type ));

Probably, we need to define a domain by ourselves for regression test to ensure
the test stability, not using the system "unconfined" domain that has different
meaning by release.

I'll make a patch. Please wait for a while.

Thanks for your test & reports.

--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>

--