Turning slave into a master - PostgreSQL 9.2

От Patrick B
Тема Turning slave into a master - PostgreSQL 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi guys,

I got a test server, let's call it test01.

The test01 has a basebackup from the master.
I want to turn test01 into a master. It doesn't need to catch up with the wal_files, because I don't need it to be up-to-date.

So what I did is:

- Replaced /var/lib/pgsql/9.2/data/ with the basebackup
- Created recovery.conf:
restore_command = 'cp /var/lib/pgsql/wal_archive/%f %p'
recovery_target_timeline = 'latest'
standby_mode = off
trigger_file = '/tmp/pg_failover_trigger'
- touch /tmp/pg_failover_trigger
- service postgresql start

And then postgres starts recovering the wal_files. But I don't want that.. as I don't need a up-to-date

Is the wal_files required anyway?
Patrick