Re: How to manipulate field in New record

От Lorusso Domenico
Тема Re: How to manipulate field in New record
Дата
Список pgsql-general
yes I know, the trigger should be before insert update and delete, and the function decide what manipulate basing on TG_OP

Il giorno mer 7 giu 2023 alle ore 15:57 Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> ha scritto:
On 6/7/23 05:12, Lorusso Domenico wrote:
> Hello,
> Looking for a global solution I've write e trigger function that as
> optional parameter (argv[0]) receive the name of a specific parameter.
>
> My need is to get the filed from NEW and OLD record manipulate and set
> back the field with new value.

A new row won't have the OLD RECORD.

Read:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/plpgsql-trigger.html

and look at the examples.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

--
Domenico L.

per stupire mezz'ora basta un libro di storia,
io cercai di imparare la Treccani a memoria... [F.d.A.]