Re: Database replication to 50-80 nodes

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Database replication to 50-80 nodes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 3:20 AM, Nikolay Morozov <nmorozoffap@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I you database Master-Slave replication on cluster with 50-80 nodes.
> Database is small (configuration), changed rarely. If there any problems
> with such nodes count.
> One master other slaves.

Yes, you can... just set max_wal_senders to the maximum number of
nodes you plan to have.
Because the slave is the one connecting to the master and requesting
the info it needs, the master get hurts very low -if any- for every
standby so you can have effectivelly a lot of them.

Still, the question remains... you really need so many standbys?

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación