Re: Graph datatype addition

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Graph datatype addition
Дата
Re: Graph datatype addition  (Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-04-28 at 22:55 -0700, Atri Sharma wrote:
>> If we add support for weighted graphs, we can probably add support for
>> some common graph algorithms, such as Djikstra's algorithm, Bellman
>> Ford algorithm, a MST making algorithm, network flow algorithms.
>
> You might find that pgRouting already does much of this.

actually, i was going to suggest to Atri to take a look at that,
pgrouting is currently in develop of v2.0 which will rewrite some
parts (including some of the algorithms).

Maybe this datatype could fit better as part of pgrouting

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación