Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> On 03/20/2015 11:28 PM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
>>

>> I fought to remove fsync before so i understand JD concerns. and yes,
>> i have seen fsync=off in the field too...
>>
>> what about not removing it but not showing it in postgresql.conf? as a
>> side note, i wonder why trace_sort is not in postgresql.conf...
>

> That is the original proposal. I am not suggesting that it not be an option.
> I am suggesting that it is not in postgresql.conf by default.

you're right, i misunderstood... anyway i don't feel there's a need to
avoid people putting in there...
just don't ship with the guc in there, if someone puts it by himself
that's completely another thing

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación