Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22/03/15 08:48, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On 03/21/2015 12:45 PM, Gavin Flower wrote:
>

>> How about 2 config files?
>>
>> One marked adult^H^H^H^H^H power users only, or some such, with the
>> really dangerous or unusual options?
>>

> That has come up before in many threads. I don't know that we need to
> go down that path again. Consider, power users don't need a separate
> config. They can create their own or use alter system.
>
> JD

How about "This file must not be changed by children, unless under
competent adult supervision?"

Yeah, I know, that will never happen.  (Tempting as it might be!)

Cheers,
Gavin

От: Fabien COELHO
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: pgbench - merging transaction logs
От: Jaime Casanova
Сообщение: Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?