Re: Selecting newly added column returns empty but only when selecting with other columns in table

От mrtruji
Тема Re: Selecting newly added column returns empty but only when selecting with other columns in table
Дата
Re: Selecting newly added column returns empty but only when selecting with other columns in table  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Re: Selecting newly added column returns empty but only when selecting with other columns in table  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The limit is just to simplify results for the examples. The same behavior occurs when each of the three queries are not limited. Whenever I try to filter by the original columns and select the new column the resultant values for the new column are empty. Conversely, whenever I select the new column along with original columns without any filtering the resultant values for the original columns return empty. It's as if the added column is disconnected to the table in some way causing problems with queries that combine original columns and the new one.

I created and filled in the new column externally using psycopg2 in Python so I'm not sure if that could be the source of the problem...