Re: UUID v7

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: UUID v7
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> Andrey, many thanks for the updated patch.
>
> LGTM, cfbot is happy and I don't think we have any open items left. So
> changing CF entry status back to RfC.

PFA v14. I changed:

```
elog(ERROR, "Time argument of UUID v7 cannot exceed 6 bytes");
```

... to:

```
ereport(ERROR,
    (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE),
    errmsg("Time argument of UUID v7 is outside of the valid range")));
```

Which IMO tells a bit more to the average user and is translatable.

> At a quick glance, the patch needs improving English, IMO.

Agree. We could use some help from a native English speaker for this.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

Вложения