Re: [BUGS] BUG #14456: pg_dump doesn't restore permissions on tablesbelonging to an extension

От Moshe Jacobson
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14456: pg_dump doesn't restore permissions on tablesbelonging to an extension
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I'm experiencing issues with this new "feature".
My extension dynamically creates extension-owned tables and puts ACLs on them.
When the database is dumped, it includes grants/revokes for those tables, which will not exist when the extension is re-installed.
As a result, when the database is restored, I keep getting warnings because it's trying to apply ACLs to tables that don't exist.

Is there a way around this issue?

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 2:31 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings Daniele,

* daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com (daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com) wrote:
> PostgreSQL version: 9.5.4
[...]
> As per title. To test:

Prior to 9.6, dump/reload of an extension with custom ACLs wasn't
really supported.  This should work correctly in 9.6.  Unfortunately,
the changes required are too much to be able to back-patch to prior
versions of PG.

Thanks!

Stephen
--