Re: [BUGS] BUG #14456: pg_dump doesn't restore permissions on tablesbelonging to an extension

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14456: pg_dump doesn't restore permissions on tablesbelonging to an extension
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Greetings,

* Moshe Jacobson (moshe@neadwerx.com) wrote:
> My extension dynamically creates extension-owned tables and puts ACLs on
> them.

Ok, in 9.6, we should realize that your extension changed the ACLs for
those tables.

> When the database is dumped, it includes grants/revokes for those tables,
> which will not exist when the extension is re-installed.

When the database is dumped, it should include a CREATE EXTENSION
command.  It also shouldn't include GRANTs/REVOKEs unless the user
changed the permissions on the extension's tables from what they were
set to when the extension was installed.

> As a result, when the database is restored, I keep getting warnings because
> it's trying to apply ACLs to tables that don't exist.
>
> Is there a way around this issue?

A self-contained test case against 9.6 which shows the issue you're
having would really be the best way to help us.

If the issue is that you're working on a pre-9.6 version of PG, then I'm
afraid you'll need to upgrade or live with the warnings.

Thanks!

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #14456: pg_dump doesn't restore permissions on tablesbelonging to an extension
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #14456: pg_dump doesn't restore permissions on tablesbelonging to an extension