Re: Summing & Grouping in a Hierarchical Structure

От Don Parris
Тема Re: Summing & Grouping in a Hierarchical Structure
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Alexander,

I appreciate you taking time to reply to my post.  I like the idea of the WITH RECURSIVE query, but...  The two examples in the link you offered are not so helpful to me.  For example, the initial WITH query shown uses a single table, and I wander how that might apply in my case, where the relevant information is actually found in two tables, one of them a recursive table.

The second example, which applies the WITH RECURSIVE clause, is even less so.  I wonder if there is a good tutorial somewhere on this that shows some other examples?  That might help me catch on a little better.  I'll search for that today.