Re: Summing & Grouping in a Hierarchical Structure

От Don Parris
Тема Re: Summing & Grouping in a Hierarchical Structure
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Mike,

No Excel here.  This is a strictly libre systems environment.  I believe LibreOffice Calc has a similar tool though.  And your suggestion might be a great one.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Relyea, Mike <Mike.Relyea@xerox.com> wrote:
> [...]

My two cents would be to actually use a  different tool for the job of presenting this data.  I'd have used a pivot table in Microsoft Excel.  Not sure what your environment or requirements are but pivot tables are widely used in business, easy to share, can be formatted, and give the user the ability to drill down and navigate to the data they want to see.
I'd set up a query to pull the raw data you need with all of the categories and associated data you need.  Then bring that data to Excel to present and summarize it.

Mike

--
D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate
GPG Key ID: F5E179BE

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: