Re: modifying WaitEventSets (was: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794)

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: modifying WaitEventSets (was: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Given that poll() has been introduced in SRV3 - which IIRC was below our
>> usual baseline - and windows is not an issue for latch, I think it'd
>> be ok to rely on it.
>
> I think it's entirely reasonable to say that "if you want high performance
> you should have poll(3)".  Failing to build without it would be a harder
> sell, probably.

There are some decent cross platform libraries that expose high
performance polling.  In particular, libev.
http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/libev.html.  I would definitely look
there before contemplating direct epoll calls.  (note, aside from
seeing epoll, I haven't been following this thread in detail).

merlin

Сообщение: Re: modifying WaitEventSets (was: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794)
Сообщение: Re: modifying WaitEventSets (was: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794)