Re: Some questions about the array.

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Some questions about the array.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 8:46 AM, YUriy Zhuravlev
<u.zhuravlev@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 December 2015 08:38:21 you wrote:
>> it (zero
>> based indexing support) doesn't meet the standard of necessity for
>> adding to the core API and as stated it's much to magical.
>
> We do not touch the arrays, we simply create a function to access them with a
> comfortable behavior. Creating a separate array types in the form extension is
> very difficult IMHO.

Correct; what I'm saying is that we don't need core API support for
zero based array indexing.  A hypothetical extension could give 100%
function based support for that so that equivalents to all functions
are given: array_upper, array_lower, etc etc etc.  You are correct
that it could not implement alternative syntactical array features.

merlin