Re: Some questions about the array.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Some questions about the array.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 8:46 AM, YUriy Zhuravlev
> <u.zhuravlev@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 01 December 2015 08:38:21 you wrote:
>>> it (zero
>>> based indexing support) doesn't meet the standard of necessity for
>>> adding to the core API and as stated it's much to magical.
>>
>> We do not touch the arrays, we simply create a function to access them with a
>> comfortable behavior. Creating a separate array types in the form extension is
>> very difficult IMHO.
>
> Correct; what I'm saying is that we don't need core API support for
> zero based array indexing.

Yes.  I think adding new functions that use an indexing convention
inconsistent with the one we're using for everything else ought to be
completely out of the question.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] max_worker_processes on the standby
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] max_worker_processes on the standby