Re: Inadequate thought about buffer locking during hot standby replay

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Inadequate thought about buffer locking during hot standby replay
Дата
Re: Inadequate thought about buffer locking during hot standby replay  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Ok. It won't help all that much on 9.0, though.
>
> Well, it won't help GIST much, but the actually-reported-from-the-field
> case is in btree, and it does fix that.
>
> It occurs to me that if we're sufficiently scared of this case, we could
> probably hack the planner (in 9.0 only) to refuse to use GIST indexes
> in hot-standby queries.  That cure might be worse than the disease though.

if anything, it should be documented.  if you do this kind of thing
people will stop installing bugfix releases.

merlin