Re: Inadequate thought about buffer locking during hot standby replay

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Inadequate thought about buffer locking during hot standby replay
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
> On 12.11.2012 22:53, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Here's an updated patch that fixes the GIST replay functions as well as
>> the other minor issues that were mentioned.  Barring objections, I'll
>> set about back-patching this as far as 9.0.

> Ok. It won't help all that much on 9.0, though.

Well, it won't help GIST much, but the actually-reported-from-the-field
case is in btree, and it does fix that.

It occurs to me that if we're sufficiently scared of this case, we could
probably hack the planner (in 9.0 only) to refuse to use GIST indexes
in hot-standby queries.  That cure might be worse than the disease though.