Re: Process in state BIND, authentication, PARSE

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Process in state BIND, authentication, PARSE
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM, Jeison Bedoya <jeisonb@audifarma.com.co> wrote:
>> max_connections = 900
>> work_mem = 1024MB
>> maintenance_work_mem = 1024MB
> Aren't work_mem and maintenance_work_mem too high? You need to keep in
> mind that those are per-operation settings, so for example if you have
> 100 clients performing queries, this could grow up to 100G. In your
> case you even have a maximum of 900 connections... Do you perform
> heavy sort operations with your application that could explain such an
> amount of memory needed?

it's not at all unreasonable for maintenance_work_mem on a 128gb box.
agree on work_mem though.  If it was me, i'd set it to around 64mb and
then locally set it for particular queries that need a lot of memory.

merlin