Re: [ADMIN] Frequent errors in postgresql.log

От Keith
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Frequent errors in postgresql.log
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 6:56 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Ram DBA <postgresdbas@gmail.com> writes:
> There are frequent errors in our postgresql.log.
> Though they aren't harmful to the database, would like to understand the
> cause of it.

> < 2016-12-12 15:29:09.036 PST >LOG:  incomplete startup packet
> < 2016-12-12 15:30:09.037 PST >LOG:  incomplete startup packet
> < 2016-12-12 15:31:09.037 PST >LOG:  incomplete startup packet

Something's scanning your postmaster port once a second, ie, opening
a connection and then closing it without sending anything.  If you
don't have a monitoring system that's supposed to be doing that,
it would behoove you to find out where that traffic is coming from.