Re: Default maximum time replication between master and slave databases

От Keith
Тема Re: Default maximum time replication between master and slave databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Alberto Olivares <alberto.olivares@snowflakesoftware.com> wrote:
Thanks Guillaume,

maybe. I am trying to find the parameter that controls this value but I cannot find it. Last thing I tried was to modify the vacuum parameters on the slave but nothing changes.

Alberto Olivares Colas
Technical Consultant
Snowflake Software

Winner of IHS Jane's ATC Award - Enabling Technology

Registered in England & Wales. Registered Number: 4294244

On 10 July 2015 at 15:11, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

Le 10 juil. 2015 4:07 PM, "Alberto Olivares" <alberto.olivares@snowflakesoftware.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I don't have any write activity on the master, but still this value goes to 60 seconds and then restart constantly from 0 again .

Well, you have. That might be autovacuum doing some vacuum or analyze without you noticing it.

--
Guillaume

Winner of IHS Jane's ATC Award - Enabling Technology

I still don't think you're understanding how replication works along with trying to use this function to monitor slave lag. I tried to give a good summary here.

http://www.keithf4.com/monitoring_streaming_slave_lag/