Re: counting transactions

От Keith
Тема Re: counting transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 9:28 PM, Armand Pirvu (home) <armand.pirvu@gmail.com> wrote:
Perfect Kevin

Many thanks.
On the same token anyway I can count the number of connects/disconnects for a specific database ?

Thanks
Armand

Set connections and disconnections to be logged in postgresql.conf and then use pg_badger on the logs. Nothing in the database itself that I'm aware of.
You may also want to look into the pg_stat_statements extension. Be aware that it does add some overhead to your DB load, but it can provide a wealth of query statistics for you. pgbadger gives you a lot of that same data as well, though, just delayed until log analysis runs and limited to the top 20 or so such statements.

Keith