От Peter Smith
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 1:05 PM wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com
<wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 4, 2022 at 00:54 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Modified in v58 [1] as suggested
> Thanks for updating the patches.
> A few comments about v58-0001 and v58-0002.
>
> v58-0001
> 1.
> How about modifying the following loop in copy_table by using for_each_from
> instead of foreach?
> Like the invocation of for_each_from in function get_rule_expr.
> from:
>                 if (qual != NIL)
>                 {
>                         ListCell   *lc;
>                         bool            first = true;
>
>                         appendStringInfoString(&cmd, " WHERE ");
>                         foreach(lc, qual)
>                         {
>                                 char       *q = strVal(lfirst(lc));
>
>                                 if (first)
>                                         first = false;
>                                 else
>                                         appendStringInfoString(&cmd, " OR ");
>                                 appendStringInfoString(&cmd, q);
>                         }
>                         list_free_deep(qual);
>                 }
> change to:
>                 if (qual != NIL)
>                 {
>                         ListCell   *lc;
>                         char       *q = strVal(linitial(qual));
>
>                         appendStringInfo(&cmd, " WHERE %s", q);
>                         for_each_from(lc, qual, 1)
>                         {
>                                 q = strVal(lfirst(lc));
>                                 appendStringInfo(&cmd, " OR %s", q);
>                         }
>                         list_free_deep(qual);
>                 }

Modified as suggested in v59* [1]

> 2.
> I find the API of get_rel_sync_entry is modified.
> -get_rel_sync_entry(PGOutputData *data, Oid relid)
> +get_rel_sync_entry(PGOutputData *data, Relation relation)
> It looks like just moving the invocation of RelationGetRelid from outside into
> function get_rel_sync_entry. I am not sure whether this modification is
> necessary to this feature or not.

Fixed in v59* [1]. Removed the unnecessary changes.

> v58-0002
> 1.
> In function pgoutput_row_filter_init, if no_filter is set, I think we do not
> need to add row filter to list(rfnodes).
> So how about changing three conditions when add row filter to rfnodes like this:
> -                                       if (pub->pubactions.pubinsert)
> +                                       if (pub->pubactions.pubinsert && !no_filter[idx_ins])
>                                         {
>                                                 rfnode = stringToNode(TextDatumGetCString(rfdatum));
>                                                 rfnodes[idx_ins] = lappend(rfnodes[idx_ins], rfnode);
>                                         }

TODO.

------
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHut%2BPsiw9fbOUTpCMWirut1ZD5hbWk8_U9tZya4mG-YK%2Bfq8g%40mail.gmail.com

Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

От: Peter Smith
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations