От Peter Smith
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 10:33 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> 2) create_publication.sgml says:
>
>     A <literal>NULL</literal> value causes the expression to evaluate
>     to false; avoid using columns without not-null constraints in the
>     <literal>WHERE</literal> clause.
>
> That's not quite correct, I think - doesn't the expression evaluate to
> NULL (which is not TRUE, so it counts as mismatch)?
>
> I suspect this whole paragraph (talking about NULL in old/new rows)
> might be a bit too detailed / low-level for user docs.

Updated docs in v44 [1]

------
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHut%2BPtjxzedJPbSZyb9pd72%2BUrGEj6HagQQbCdO0YJvr7OyJg%40mail.gmail.com

Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

От: Peter Smith
От: SATYANARAYANA NARLAPURAM
Сообщение: Re: O(n) tasks cause lengthy startups and checkpoints