От Peter Smith
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Euler –

As you know we have been posting patch update versions to the
Row-Filter thread several times a week now for a few months. We are
carefully tracking all open review comments of the thread and fixing
as many as possible with each version posted.

~~

It is true that the multiple patches are difficult to maintain
(particular for test cases impacting other patches), but

- this is the arrangement that Amit preferred (without whose support
as a committer this patch would likely be stalled).

- separate patches have allowed us to spread the work across multiple
people to improve the velocity (e.g. the Hou-san top-up patch 0005).

- having multiple patches also allows the review comments to be more focused.

 ~~

We were mid-way putting together the next v45* when your latest
attachment was posted over the weekend. So we will proceed with our
original plan to post our v45* (tomorrow).

After v45* is posted we will pause to find what are all the
differences between your unified patch and our v45* patch set. Our
intention is to integrate as many improvements as possible from your
changes into the v46* etc that will follow tomorrow’s v45*. On some
points, we will most likely need further discussion.

With luck, soon everything can be more in sync again.

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia