От Peter Smith
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 7:40 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the updated patch, few comments:
> 1) Both testpub5a and testpub5c publication are same, one of them can be removed
> +SET client_min_messages = 'ERROR';
> +CREATE PUBLICATION testpub5a FOR TABLE testpub_rf_tbl1 WHERE (a > 1)
> WITH (publish="insert");
> +CREATE PUBLICATION testpub5b FOR TABLE testpub_rf_tbl1;
> +CREATE PUBLICATION testpub5c FOR TABLE testpub_rf_tbl1 WHERE (a > 3)
> WITH (publish="insert");
> +RESET client_min_messages;
> +\d+ testpub_rf_tbl1
> +DROP PUBLICATION testpub5a, testpub5b, testpub5c;
>
> testpub5b will be covered in the earlier existing case above:
> ALTER PUBLICATION testpib_ins_trunct ADD TABLE pub_test.testpub_nopk,
> testpub_tbl1;
>
> \d+ pub_test.testpub_nopk
> \d+ testpub_tbl1
>
> I felt test related to testpub5b is also not required

Skipped. Strictly speaking you may be correct to say this code path is
already tested elsewhere. But this test case was meant for \d+ so I
wanted it to be "self-contained" and easy to observe it displaying
both with and without a filters both at the same time.

> 3) testpub7 can be renamed to testpub6 to maintain the continuity
> since the previous testpub6 did not succeed:
> +CREATE OPERATOR =#> (PROCEDURE = testpub_rf_func, LEFTARG = integer,
> RIGHTARG = integer);
> +CREATE PUBLICATION testpub6 FOR TABLE testpub_rf_tbl3 WHERE (e =#> 27);
> +-- fail - WHERE not allowed in DROP
> +ALTER PUBLICATION testpub5 DROP TABLE testpub_rf_tbl3 WHERE (e < 27);
> +-- fail - cannot ALTER SET table which is a member of a pre-existing schema
> +SET client_min_messages = 'ERROR';
> +CREATE PUBLICATION testpub7 FOR ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA testpub_rf_myschema1;
> +ALTER PUBLICATION testpub7 SET ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA
> testpub_rf_myschema1, TABLE testpub_rf_myschema1.testpub_rf_tb16;
> +RESET client_min_messages;

Fixed in v48 [1]

> 4) Did this test intend to include where clause in testpub_rf_tb16, if
> so it can be added:
> +-- fail - cannot ALTER SET table which is a member of a pre-existing schema
> +SET client_min_messages = 'ERROR';
> +CREATE PUBLICATION testpub7 FOR ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA testpub_rf_myschema1;
> +ALTER PUBLICATION testpub7 SET ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA
> testpub_rf_myschema1, TABLE testpub_rf_myschema1.testpub_rf_tb16;
> +RESET client_min_messages;

Fixed in v48 [1]

------
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHut%2BPuHz1oFM7oaiHeqxMQqd0L70bV_hT7u_mDf3b8As5kwig%40mail.gmail.com