Re: Is there a way to 'unrestrict' drop view?

От Willy-Bas Loos
Тема Re: Is there a way to 'unrestrict' drop view?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Thomas Pasch <thomas.pasch@nuclos.de> wrote:
> I would like to recreate/replace a view, but there are 'dependant
> objects' on it. Is there a way to 'unrestrict' the dependant check in
> the current transaction, like it could be done with certain constraints?

Hi,

Nice idea, but i think there isn't a way to do that.
You will have to drop and re-create the objects in the correct order,
best in a single transaction.

I can imagine that that can be nasty, even apart from the hassle of
cutting and pasting + testing that code. You might be needing those
objects in a running system.
But then what would it mean to to what you suggest? The dependent
objects could never function while the view does not exist, so it ends
up being much the same as drop+create.
Except that you are changing the view, so you might also need to
change the depending objects..

Cheers,

WBL
--
"Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all
others because you were born in it." -- George Bernard Shaw

Сообщение: Re: Maximum number of client connection supported by Postgres 8.4.6
Сообщение: Re: Maximum number of client connection supported by Postgres 8.4.6